Dryden Aqua AFM Activated Filter Media
Chemical Type: Filter Media
Chemical Base: Glass
What Is AFM?
AFM Activated Filter Media is a direct replacement for sand, doubling the performance of sand filters without the need of additional investments in infrastructure. AFM® resists biofouling, biocoagulation and transient wormhole channeling of unfiltered water and never needs to be recharged or replaced.
AFM® is a highly engineered product manufactured from a specific glass type, processed to obtain the optimum particle size and shape. It is then exposed to a 3-step activation process to increase its surface area by up to 300 times for superior mechanical and electro-static filtration performance.
AFM benefits at a glance:
- More than doubles the performance of an existing filtration system.
- Is not subject to biodynamic instability and will never allow untreated water to pass.
- Substantially lowers chlorine oxidation demand.
- Lowers backwash water demand by an average of 50%
- Is expected to last for the life of the filtration system.
- Provides a quick return on investment.